This guide provides essential steps to troubleshoot issues with the 3Shape dongle, which is crucial for operating Trios and Chairside software.
This article covers key troubleshooting techniques, from detecting connection errors to distinguishing between the 3Shape dongle and the wireless mouse dongle.
Understanding the 3Shape Dongle
The 3Shape dongle, necessary for using Trios or Chairside, should be connected to a USB port on the Dandy laptop. The dongle verifies your 3Shape subscription and enables the use of Trios or Chairside software.
Using the images provided, distinguish the 3Shape dongle (with a green light when connected) from the wireless mouse receiver.
- 3Shape dongle:
- Wireless mouse receiver:
Can't Detect a USB Dongle Error
If the 3Shape dongle is not connected, you will receive an error on the Chairside main page that says, 'There's an issue with the USB dongle.' Which you can see circled in red in the image below:
In Trios or Unite you will see a 'Network Issue' error, which you can see in the image below:
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this error.
Step 1 - Complete a Physical Check
Confirm the presence of the green light on the small USB dongle to ensure it’s the correct dongle and connected.
- Side-by-side comparison of the mouse receiver and 3Shape dongle:
- The 3Shape dongle with have a green light illuminated when connected to a USB port:
If you have confirmed you have the 3Shape dongle plugged into the USB port and there is a green light, this does not resolve the connection issue. Proceed to the next step.
Step 2 - Check the Local Host
- Open a web browser and type 'localhost:27027' in the address bar. Pictured in the red box in the image below.
- If the 3Shape dongle is connected, it will appear on the localhost page.
- If you see 'Update Dongle' in the lower right corner of the screen, please select 'Update Dongle' to resolve Chairside detection issues.
If these steps do not resolve your 3Shape dongle connection issues, please contact Dandy IT Support for additional help.