The article below will walk through the steps to recognize, diagnose, and fix a disconnected Trios 3 scanner in Chairside.
Recognizing Your Scanner is Disconnected
If a scanner is disconnected in Chairside, you will see the following warnings:
- A red circle and 'Scanner not connected' on the homepage, below the 'Start an order' option.
- On the scanning pages, A red 'X' over the picture of the scanner and a 'Scanner disconnected' message.
Diagnosing and Fixing the Connection
Step 1 - Ethernet Cable Connection
Ensure the scanner's ethernet cable is connected directly to the laptop's ethernet port. If you are using Dandy's laptop, this will be on the left-hand side. Below is an image of the scanner ethernet cable provided by Dandy.
Note: Do not use the ethernet to USB adapter to connect your scanner. Below is an image of the ethernet to USB adapter.
Step 2 - Check the Scanner Base Light
The scanner base light should be green, indicating a proper connection.
- If the base light is off, please proceed to step 3.
Step 3 - Check Power Connection
If the base light is off, ensure all power connections are secure. You can do so by checking the following:
- The power cable is connected to the scanner base
- The power adapter cable is connected to the power brick, and the outlet is active. If connected and active, will see a green light on the brick.
If the power connection is working properly and your Trios 3 scanner is still not connected, please proceed to step 4.
Step 4 - Reconnect Your Entire Setup
- Disconnect and reconnect the scanner power brick and the scanner base.
- Disconnect and reconnect the scanner ethernet cable from the scanner base and laptop.
- Disconnect and reconnect the scanner wand to the base.
- Perform a full restart of the laptop
Note: After following these steps please all 1 minute for Chairside to show as 'Scanner Connected'.
If this does not resolve your connection issues, please contact our IT support team.