Skip to main content
Clear Aligner and Retainer Scanning Best Practices
Below, we've outlined clear aligner and retainer scanning best practice techniques that will increase the likelihood of success for your case:
Room Set Up
- Turn off any overhead dental lighting and loupe lights while scanning.
- Retraction of cheeks, lips, and tongue is essential.
- Have the patient close halfway to create space for your scanner.
- This will ensure that you capture the distal surface of the posterior-most teeth in both arches, which is a key area to capture.
- Always turn on your scanner over the occlusal surface of a molar/premolar when beginning a scan.
- Please scan both full arches to completion.
Live Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 9pm ET Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Crown & Bridge
Crown, Bridge, Inlays, Onlays, & Veneers
Implants, Abutments, Guides, Overdentures
Metal, Flexible, Acetal, Acrylic, Hybrid
Guards & Sleep
Night Guards ,Sleep Apnea, TMJ, Bleaching Trays
installation, branding, customization