The following workflow applies to patients receiving a retainer who have completed Dandy Aligner treatment. Refer to our article on the Dandy Aligner Plans for more details on which plans and how many retainers are included with your treatment plan.
For patients that have NOT completed Dandy Aligner treatment, follow the Retainer Workflow.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our retainer for a Dandy aligners case workflow. Please be sure to review our Retainer Scanning Best Practices article before proceeding.
Choose the "Ortho" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Ortho" select "Retainer".
- You will then be prompted to select the arch or arches for which the retainer(s) will be made.
Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Submit order
- TIP: It is crucial that the distal surfaces of the posterior-most teeth are completely captured.
- Proceed to the "Ordering" menu.
Select the material/type of the retainer.
- NOTE: Retainers that come with aligner cases CAN NOT be substituted for any other material/thickness. The aligner retainer plan includes Zendura A material in a standard 1mm thickness that can not be changed/altered.
- ADD order ID from aligner case in checkout notes