In the checkout flow for your patient's denture, you will have the choice to fabricate your denture straight-to-finish or you can start with a Try-in.
If you choose Try-in, you will see instructions on how to proceed once the try-in arrives. We will also send you an email with these instructions for the next steps.
- Evaluate the try-in’s fit &, aesthetics, and phonetics
- On the order page, look for the “Review Try-in” banner to proceed with next steps.
- If fit, VDO, bite, or teeth shape changes are needed, you’ll have to re-scan
- Simply schedule the next appointment and we’ll handle the rest.
You will then proceed with the rest of your order and wait for the try-in to arrive.
Note: Denture try-ins are done with a Monolithic Try-In. This is an off-white 3D-printed denture to mimic the final prosthesis without wasting costly denture teeth. (see below for a picture)
Dandy will now deliver the try-in to your practice.
Review the try-in with your patient for fit, aesthetics and phonetics. We recommend bringing up the order page in Chairside while the patient is in the chair.
You will see a banner on the order that will guide you through the next steps. (see below)
If everything looks good, you can let your patient go and proceed by clicking the “Try-in is perfect - Proceed with final fabrication” button.
Your patient’s final denture will now enter production!
If changes are necessary, proceed by clicking the “Try-in is unsatisfactory. Request changes” button.
You will now provide your feedback to Dandy in a guided, step-by-step process. You will first start by providing feedback on both arches of the try-in denture. Below are the categories of feedback available for each arch:
- Make longer (1mm increments)
- Make shorter (1mm increments)
- Shift right (1mm increments)
- Shift left (1mm increments)
- Upload reference photo
- Change shade
- Change shade
- Adjust stippling
- Adjust festooning
Retention and/or fit*
- Adjust retention (tighten vs loosen)
- Adjust extensions (reduce vs extend)
- Close bite (1mm increments)
- Open bite (1mm increments)
- Change bite class
- Add reference photo
As always, you will also have the opportunity to provide open-ended feedback however you see it.
Decide Next Steps
Next, you will decide on how you would prefer to proceed with the case. You have two options:
- Proceed to final fabrication - You’’ receive the final denture with all requested changes.
- Request a new try-in - You’ll receive a new try-in with all requested changes.
Review & Submit
Finally, you will review your feedback, make any necessary edits, and rescan the patient if any structural changes are needed.
*You will be prompted to re-scan the patient if any structural changes are needed to the denture. This will occur if you provide feedback within the Midline, Retention and/or fit, VDO, or Bite sections of the feedback walkthrough.