The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our partial and complete denture combo case workflow. This workflow will enable you to:
- Fabricate a new partial and complete denture on opposing arches
Patient Selection Criteria
The following workflow applies to patients who fit the following criteria:
- No existing dentition or appliance (partial or full denture) to establish their VDO and / or bite.
- Needs a new partial AND complete denture.
If your patient needs only a single arch denture (complete and/or partial) or dual arch dentures (complete/complete and/or partial/partial), please use the appropriate workflow from the list below:
- Partial Denture Workflow
- Complete Denture with Wax Rim Workflow - Chairside
- Complete Denture with Wax Rim Workflow - 3Shape
Scanning Best Practices
To increase this workflow's efficiency and likelihood of success, we've compiled scanning best practices for partial and complete dentures. Please ensure to review them before proceeding:
- Complete Denture Scanning Best Practices
- Recommended Scan Paths for Complete Dentures
- Partial Denture Scanning Best Practices
- Select the arche(es) that need a full denture to be fabricated. On the scanner order form select: "Removables" > "Full Dentures" > "Printed/Milled."
- If facing difficulty scanning (in particular an edentulous lower arch) doctors may take a standard impression and scan either the impression or the model.
- After receiving the wax bite rim from Dandy, guide the wax bite rim into the patient's mouth to get an accurate bite impression.
- Apply light body wash to the wax bite rim for border molding and accuracy.
- Clearly mark the wax bite rim with the patient's smile lines, canine lines and midlines.
- Add blue mousse to register bite.
- Take photos of the patient [highly recommended]:
- Head on photo with the patient smiling naturally (with wax bite rim in place).
- 2 profile pictures (1 from each side) with the patient smiling naturally (with wax bite rim in place).
- [If possible] A head on photo of the patient with cheek retractors in place (with wax bite rim in place).
- Ship wax bite back to Dandy