Skip to main content
The following workflow applies to patients receiving a retainer who have NOT completed Dandy Aligner treatment.
For patients that have completed Dandy Aligner treatment, follow the Retainer from Aligners Case Workflow.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our retainer workflow. Please be sure to review our Retainer Scanning Best Practices article before proceeding.
- Choose the "Ortho" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Ortho" select "Retainer".
- You will then be prompted to select the arch or arches for which the retainer(s) will be made.
- Remove wires and metal bands that wrap around molars before scanning.
- Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Submit order.
- It is crucial that the distal surfaces of the posterior-most teeth are completely captured.
- Proceed to the "Ordering" menu.
- Select the material/type of the retainer.
- You will specify whether this retainer is an Essix, Hawley, or Lingual Fixed Retainer.
- Place your order.
Live Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 9pm ET Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Crown & Bridge
Crown, Bridge, Inlays, Onlays, & Veneers
Implants, Abutments, Guides, Overdentures
Metal, Flexible, Acetal, Acrylic, Hybrid
Guards & Sleep
Night Guards ,Sleep Apnea, TMJ, Bleaching Trays
installation, branding, customization