Before proceeding, it's important to determine whether the scanner is not picking up images or is simply slow in capturing images. If you find that your scanner is not capturing scan data, please reference our troubleshooting scan capture article.
It's important to note that an internet connection does not affect the scanner's ability to pick up images but will impact Chairside or Trios (Unite) order submission.
Check Your Scanner Power Source
If the scanner is operational but slow (evidenced by a slower scanner click without a red rectangle appearing), follow these steps:
- Perform a restart of both the Dandy laptop and the Chairside software.
- Confirm that the laptop is plugged in and charging, as scanning on laptop battery power will cause slowness.
- Your laptop is plugged in and charging when you see a plug by the battery symbol in the lower right of your screen by the clock, as in the picture below:
Confirm that the laptop has greater than 50% battery.
- Even if plugged in, a low overall charge will impact scanning speeds.
If this does not resolve your slow scanning issue, you should check your laptop performance using the steps below.
Check the Image Count
When scanning, your image count will be displayed in the top right corner of your Chairside screen.
Keeping "image counts" as low as possible while scanning your patient's arch will help keep scanning smooth and fast. For a full arch scan, a good range for a single-unit posterior crown case would be between 2,000 and 3,000 images. Please check out our article on using Chairside's Image Count Support Tool for further details on using this feature to increase scanning speed.
Check the Up Time of the Laptop
A low-performing laptop can cause slow scanning. Please follow these steps to check the laptop's Up time:
- Right-click on the home screen and click 'Task Manager.'
- Open the Task Manager and click the 'Performance' tab (number 1 in the image below) to view the laptop's Up time (number 2 in the image below.)
- If the Up time exceeds 48 hours, please restart the laptop.
- Please contact Dandy IT Support, as this may also indicate an issue with the daily restart feature.
If these steps do not resolve your slow scanning issues, please contact Dandy IT Support for additional help.