Use the delivering processes below for your Herbst or Dorsal appliances only as needed.
- TIP: The patient should never heat the device on their own.
Following this procedure ensures a perfect fit in a matter of minutes each and every time.
- 1. Place in 160-degree water for approximately 3-5 sec
- Immediately place the heated device in the mouth
- Allow the device to cool in the mouth for 20-30 sec
- Remove the device and finish cooling the liner with cold water until white
New Crown / Bridge Delivery
Always have the opposing device in the mouth when reforming to new dentition to maintain current dimensions.
- Place device in 160º water until liner turns clear (30-60 sec.) / Caution: If water is too hot device will warp
- Once the liner is clear, quickly remove the device and allow it to cool for approximately 10 seconds.
- Caution: If white spots start to show, re-heat until clear again.
- Fit the heated device to the new dentition; be sure the opposing device is in place.
- Once seated, cool the Accu-Fit with short bursts of air (an air/water syringe). Cool in the mouth for 30-60 seconds.
- Caution: DO NOT leave the device unattended. The device will permanently lock onto teeth if fully cooled in the mouth and must be cut out.
- Once removed from the mouth, trim (do not pull) away the flashed excess material from the device with curved scissors.
- Finish cooling the liner with cold water or freeze spray until fully white again.
- Using a polishing brush, remove the reaming edges of the liner and smooth.