Skip to main content
How to Identify a Good Reference Denture Scan
- Upper and lower occlusal surfaces have no missing data, no lifted scans, and good markings all over the surface.
- Upper and lower intaglio surfaces have no missing data, no lifted scans, and good markings all over the surface.
- Scan traces from the 2nd molar to 2nd molar area and captures identifiable markings to use for alignment.
- Reference bit is aligned with the bite showing an accurate relationship
- Lifted scan on the intaglio resulting in a misaligned bite.
- Insufficient impression, resulting in a poor fitting denture, not likely to achieve suction.
- Missing data in scan, resulting in poor fitting denture, will most likely require moderate to major adjustments in order to fit.
- Incomplete 360 scan - this scan is unusable as there is no scan of the patient’s tissue which is necessary to make a baseplate for the new denture.
Live Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 9pm ET Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Crown & Bridge
Crown, Bridge, Inlays, Onlays, & Veneers
Implants, Abutments, Guides, Overdentures
Metal, Flexible, Acetal, Acrylic, Hybrid
Guards & Sleep
Night Guards ,Sleep Apnea, TMJ, Bleaching Trays
installation, branding, customization