Skip to main content
How to Complete a Denture Bite Scan
Achieving maximum accuracy in a bite scan is crucial to a successful full denture.
Following intraoral / extraoral scans of the patient’s arch(es), the software prompts you to perform a bite scan:
Patients With Dentition
- Have the patient open their mouth
- Insert the scanner, and use the scanner as a cheek retractor, and then have the patient close their mouth.
- Start the scanner in the second molar area and, using an up-and-down brushing motion, slowly move the scanner mesially until it reaches the midline.
- Shut the scanner off, and click on “Bite 2” in the software
- Repeat the process on the opposite side.
Patients Without a Dentition
- If a single arch wax bite rim:
- Scan with wax bite rim in the mouth (from molar to midline on both left and right sides) with blue mousse.
- If dual arch wax bite rim(s), you have two options:
- Scan both arches in occlusion outside of mouth (full arch from molar to molar) with blue mousse
- Scan inside the mouth molar to the midline on both sides.
Live Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 9pm ET Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Crown & Bridge
Crown, Bridge, Inlays, Onlays, & Veneers
Implants, Abutments, Guides, Overdentures
Metal, Flexible, Acetal, Acrylic, Hybrid
Guards & Sleep
Night Guards ,Sleep Apnea, TMJ, Bleaching Trays
installation, branding, customization