INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
A bleaching tray is a type of dental device that is used to apply bleaching agents, such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, to the teeth for the purpose of whitening them. Dandy trays are custom-made to fit your mouth and are designed to be as comfortable and unobtrusive as possible.
Seating the tray
Seating a bleaching tray in the mouth can be done using the following steps:
- Ensure that the bleaching tray is clean and free of any debris.
- Brush and floss your teeth before applying the bleaching tray. This will help remove any surface stains and debris from your teeth and ensure that the bleaching gel comes into contact with your teeth for optimal results.
- Apply a small amount of the bleaching gel to the inner surface of the tray. Be careful not to overfill the tray as it can cause the gel to overflow onto your gums and soft tissues.
- Insert the tray into your mouth, making sure that it covers all of your teeth evenly. Use your fingers to gently press the tray against your teeth to ensure good contact.
- Wear the tray for the recommended amount of time, which can vary depending on the strength of the bleaching gel and the desired level of whitening. Follow the instructions provided by your dentist or dental professional.
- After removing the tray, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and brush your teeth gently to remove any remaining gel.
Cleaning and Care
Dandy recommends cleaning your bleaching trays daily before and after every use. Immediately after removal, use warm water (not to exceed 45°C/113°F) or toothpaste to remove remaining saliva and debris from your bleaching trays.
USING CLEANING AGENTS
For periodic removal of debris and maintenance, you may use any mild over-the-counter cleaning agents designed for oral devices. If needed, use a soft bristle brush to clean the inside of your device to remove any debris. The following products may be used to clean your partial dentures: dish soap, Polident, Efferdent, 3% peroxide solution, 15% bleach solution, and mouthwash.
✗ DO NOT SOAK your bleaching trays in any liquid for more than 1 hour.
✗ DO NOT SOAK your bleaching trays in water hotter than 45°C/113°F due to the risk of warping them.
✗ DO NOT use abrasive cleaning agents (i.e. toothpaste) as it can shorten the life of your bleaching trays.
✓ DO dispose of the cleaning solution after every use. Rinse your bleaching trays well prior to use.