INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Acrylic Partial Dentures
Description of Device
Acrylic partial dentures are a type of removable dental prosthetic device used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are made of an acrylic resin material and consist of replacement teeth that are attached to an acrylic base, which is colored to match the gums.
Indications for Use - Acrylic Partial Dentures
Dandy acrylic partial dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth and are designed to be as comfortable and unobtrusive as possible.
Acrylic partial dentures should not be used if you have any allergies to acrylic or plastic or have severe gum disease.
Potential Risks & Benefits of Acrylic Partial Dentures, Advise Patients of the Following:
The benefits of metal partial dentures include improved speech, better chewing ability, and a natural-looking smile. Risks include sore spots, discomfort, and possible damage to remaining natural teeth.
Directions for Use
To ensure proper use of acrylic partial dentures, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the partial denture is clean and free of any debris.
- Rinse the patient’s mouth with warm water before inserting the partial denture.
Gently place the partial denture in the mouth and use your fingers to guide it into place.
Avoid using excessive force or pushing the partial denture too far.
- Instruct the patient to gently bite down on the partial denture to ensure proper fit and stability.
- Provide specific instructions to the patient on how long to wear it each day and when to remove it.
Dandy recommends cleaning your partial dentures daily before and after every use. Immediately after removal, use warm water (not to exceed 45°C/113°F) and soap to remove remaining saliva and debris from your partial dentures.
- Store final dentures in a clean, dry place when not in use. Avoid exposing the dentures to excessive heat or pressure, as this may cause warping or other damage.
Partial dentures are designed to last for several years with proper care and maintenance. If the dentures become damaged or lose their fit, patients should contact your practice for evaluation and repair.
- Clinical studies have shown partial dentures to be an effective and reliable treatment option for patients with missing teeth.
- If the patient experiences any adverse events, such as pain or irritation, they should discontinue use and contact your practice immediately.
- Partial dentures come with a limited warranty, which may vary depending on the manufacturer.