INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Description of Device
The device is made of biocompatible materials and is custom-made for each patient using 3D printing technology. The nightguard fits comfortably over the upper or lower teeth and provides cushioning to protect against damage caused by bruxism.
Indications for Use - Hard/Soft 3D Printed Nightguards
The Hard/Soft 3D Printed Nightguard is a dental device designed to protect teeth from nighttime grinding and clenching.
The device should not be used by patients with loose or damaged teeth or those with temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) without first consulting a dental professional.
Potential Risks & Benefits of Hard/Soft 3D Printed Nightguards,
Advise Patients of the Following:
The benefits of using the Hard/Soft 3D Printed Nightguard include protection against tooth damage and relief from associated discomfort. The potential risks include mouth or tooth soreness, which should resolve after a few days of use.
Directions for Use
To ensure proper use of the nightguard, dental professionals and patients should follow these steps:
- Wash your hands before handling the nightguard.
- Place the nightguard over the upper or lower teeth as instructed by the dentist.
- Bite down gently to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Remove the nightguard in the morning and rinse with warm water.
To clean the nightguard, patients should follow these steps:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to gently brush the device.
- Rinse the device thoroughly with cool water.
- Do not use hot water, as it can warp the device.
- Do not use mouthwash, as it can discolor the device.
- Clean the device daily.
The device should be stored in a dry, clean container when not in use.
- Clinical studies have shown that the Hard/Soft 3D Printed Nightguard is effective in protecting teeth from damage caused by bruxism.
Patients should consult with your practice if they experience tooth pain or sensitivity, as this may be a sign
of a more severe underlying issue.
- Patients may experience mouth or tooth soreness when first using the device, which should resolve after a few days.
- Hard/Soft nightguards come with a limited warranty, which may vary depending on the manufacturer.