INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Metal Partial Denture
Description of Device
Metal partial dentures are made of a metal framework with plastic or resin teeth attached. They are custom-made to fit the patient’s mouth.
Indications for Use - Final Dentures
Metal partial dentures are designed to replace one or more missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw.
Metal partial dentures should not be used if the patient has any allergies to metal or plastic or has severe gum disease.
Potential Risks & Benefits of Metal Partial Dentures, Advise Patients of the Following:
The benefits of metal partial dentures include improved speech, better chewing ability, and a natural-looking smile. Risks include sore spots, discomfort, and possible damage to remaining natural teeth.
Directions for Use
To ensure proper use of metal partial dentures, dental professionals and patients should follow these steps:
- Rinse the patient’s mouth and the metal partial denture with warm water.
- Place the denture in the patient’s mouth and gently bite down.
- The patient should use their tongue to press the denture into place.
To clean metal partial dentures, patients should follow these steps:
- Use a soft-bristled brush and mild soap or denture cleaner to clean the denture.
- Rinse the device thoroughly with warm water.
- Clean the device daily
- Store the metal partial dentures in a clean, dry place when not in use. Avoid exposing the metal partial dentures to excessive heat or pressure, as this may cause warping or other damage.
- Partial dentures are designed to last for several years with proper care and maintenance. If the dentures become damaged or lose their fit, patients should contact your practice for evaluation and repair.
- Clinical studies have shown that metal partial dentures are an effective and safe solution for replacing missing teeth.
- Metal partial dentures require regular cleaning and care to maintain their function and appearance.
- Possible adverse events include sore spots, discomfort, and possible damage to remaining natural teeth.
- Metal partial dentures come with a limited warranty, which may vary depending on the manufacturer.