Partials Adjustment Guide
Metal / Acrylic Flexible
- Use pliers to adjust the clasp at the terminal third (last 1⁄3 of the clasp).
- Bend clasp outwards for more relief.
- Gently bend the clasp inward for retention and outward for relief.
PALATE / INTAGLIO AND FLANGE:
- Use bur at high speed with low pressure to:
- Provide relief on guide planes and intaglio
- Trim down flange
- Soak the partial in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the partial is heated, it will become more flexible. Hold the clasps in the ideal position for 1-2 mins as it cools.
- Use bur with low pressure to adjust the remaining tight areas.
If teeth are too long, causing tight occlusal contact:
- Using bite paper, adjust the pontic teeth that are hitting high
- Use bur at high speed with low pressure to shave down teeth to proper length
Note: A bur is best used for occlusal adjustment. A rubber wheel is best used for facial adjustment/polishing