This article reviews how to perform Manual Alignment. When performing a bite scan, be sure that you are allowing the scanner to see all molars in occlusion when scanning, including 2nd molars.
Instructions for use:
On the "Bite Scan" menu, if the occlusion is not automatically aligning, proceed with the following steps.
- Navigate to the lower left corner of your screen. Select Align Manually.
- Rotate the arch within the left window so that the buccal surface of the patient's dentition is visible. When changing the orientation of the scan in the left window, match the quadrant view visible in the right-hand box.
- In the window on the left, click on the buccal surface of a posterior tooth. We recommend selecting the first molar.
- In the window on the right, click on the same tooth in the same spot (the buccal surface). The system will align the arch to the bite accordingly.
- Proceed with the other scans in the lower lefthand corner (i.e. First Upper, Second Lower, and Second Upper).