The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving an onlay.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our onlay worklow. Please ensure you are also practicing our crown and bridge scanning best practices.
Onlay workflow details
1. Choose the "Fixed Restorations" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Fixed Restorations," select Onlay."
2. You will then be prompted to select the tooth receiving the onlay.
3. Select the desired material and shade from the subsequent menus.
4. Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Prep Scan > Review scan > Submit order
- You have the option to skip a pre-prep scan of the tooth by selecting the "Skip pre-prep" button. This option is available on the menu preceding your scan of the given prep arch (i.e. if the only is on the lower arch, this button must be selected prior to scanning the lower arch).