This article includes a step-by-step appointment guide for scanning for a surgical guide.
TMD Device Case Workflow
The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving a TMD device.
√ Choose the "Splints, Guards & TMJ" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Splints, Guards & TMJ" select "TMJ."
- Select the desired type of device.
- You will then be prompted to select the arch for which the device will be made (depending on the type of device you've selected).
√ Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Submit order
√ Proceed to the "Ordering" menu.
- Select any necessary specifics related to material, thickness, color, quantity, etc. for this device.
√ Place your order.
Additional best practices:
- Please scan both full arches to completion.
- Turn off any overhead dental lighting and loupes lights while scanning.
- Retraction of cheeks, lips, and tongue is essential.
- Always turn on your scanner over the occlusal surface of a molar/premolar when beginning a scan.
• • •
Want to download and print the PDF above for your office?
Download the attached PDF at the bottom of this article!