This article includes a step-by-step appointment guide for scanning for clear aligners.
Clear Aligner Case Workflow
The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving clear aligners.
Clear Aligners Workflow Details
√ Choose the "Ortho" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Ortho," select "Aligners."
√ You will then be prompted to select the arch/arches you intend to treat.
√ Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Patient Photos & X-ray > Submit Order
- Capturing the arch scans accurately and completely is essential for fabrication of accurately fitting aligners.
- Be sure that the bite scan reflects the patient's natural bite.
- Photos and X-ray should be captured prior to placing your order.
√ Proceed to the "Ordering" menu.
√ Follow the prompts on the screen to upload the required photos and x-rays using either your smartphone or laptop:
- Left bite
- Right bite
- Front bite (head-on)
- Lower occlusal (occlusal view of entire lower arch)
- Upper occlusal (occlusal view of entire upper arch)
- Portrait (patient smiling)
- Portrait (patient not smiling, straight-faced)
- Side View (profile of patient, straight-faced)
X-RAYS (only one of the listed options):
- Pano (Preferred)
- Lateral Ceph
√ Specify which arch you are treating and whether you are treating the full arch or anteriors only.
√ Select whether you wish to restrict the movement of any teeth.
√ Select whether you wish to restrict the placement of attachments.
√ Select whether you are performing any extractions.
√ Select how you wish to treat any spacing present.
√ Select how you wish to resolve any crowding present (expansion, proclination, IPR).
√ Select how you wish to treat the bite.
√ Allow Dandy to generate an estimated treatment plan.
- Finalized treatment plan will be sent to you within 4 business days.
√ Place your order.
Additional best practices:
- The distal surface of the posterior-most teeth in both arches is a key area to capture. Have the patient close half-way to create space for your scanner.
- Please scan both full arches to completion.
- Turn off any overhead dental lighting and loupes lights while scanning.
• • •
Want to download and print the PDF above for your office?
Download the attached PDF at the bottom of this article!