The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving a straight to finish partial denture.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our straight to finish partial denture workflow. Please ensure to review our Partial Denture Scanning Best Practices before proceeding.
- Choose the "Dentures" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Dentures" select "Partial."
- You will then be prompted to select the tooth/teeth that will be added to the partial.
- Select the desired shade from the subsequent menus.
- If this is a replacement partial:
- Check the "replacement" box
- Provide scans or photos of the existing partial denture via the portal chat
- Do not send the patient's existing partial denture
- Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Review Scans
- Required landmarks to be captured in Lower Arch if receiving a partial:
- Both retromolar pads
- At least 5mm of the patient's gums gingival to existing teeth and on the buccal and lingual surfaces of edentulous areas.
- Required landmarks to be captured in Upper Arch if receiving a partial:
- The entire palate
- Both maxillary tuberosities
- Bite Scan:
- If you can't scan the posteriors, scan the anteriors
- Review your scans in the "Review Scans" menu
- Proceed to the "Ordering" menu
- Place your order.