This article includes a step-by-step appointment guide for scanning for a night guard.
Night Guard Case Workflow
The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving a night guard.
Night Guard Workflow Details
√ Choose the "Splints, Guards & TMJ" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Splints, Guards & TMJ" select "Night Guard"
√ You will then be prompted to select the arch for which the night guard will be made.
√ Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Submit Order
TIP: Be sure to capture every aspect of the arch receiving the night guard. An accurate scan allows us to fabricate an accurate night guard. It is crucial that the distal surfaces of the posterior-most teeth are completely captured for the arch receiving the night guard.
√ Proceed to the "Ordering" menu.
- Select desired quantity.
- Select desired material.
- Select specific preferences for the night guard.
√ Place your order.
Additional best practices:
- Please scan both full arches to completion.
- Turn off any overhead dental lighting and loupes lights while scanning.
- Retraction of cheeks, lips, and tongue is essential.
- Always turn on your scanner over the occlusal surface of a molar/premolar when beginning a scan.
• • •
Want to download and print the PDF above for your office?
Download the attached PDF at the bottom of this article!