The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving a bridge.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for our bridge workflow. Please ensure you are also practicing our crown and bridge scanning best practices.
Bridge Workflow Details
1. Choose the "Fixed Restorations" option when you go to set up your case.
- Within "Fixed Restorations" select "Bridge."
2. You will then be prompted to select the teeth involved with this bridge and identify whether each selected tooth is:
- A crown serving as an abutment
- A pontic
- Wing for a Maryland Bridge
3. Select the desired material and shade from the subsequent menus.
4. Follow the scanning sequence: Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Prep Scan > Review Scan > Submit Order
- You have the option to skip a pre-prep scan of the teeth by selecting the "Skip pre-prep" button. This option is available on the menu preceding your scan of the given prep arch (i.e. if the bridge is on the lower arch, this button must be selected prior to scanning the lower arch).
5. Once you have scanned in the arch receiving the bridge, mark the teeth involved in the bridge on the scan itself.
6. Be sure that your scan of the bridge prep captures a fully visible margin and both proximal contacts of the adjacent, unprepped teeth.
TIP: When beginning your scan of the bridge prep, turn on the scanner over the occlusal surface of an adjacent tooth first, and then move the scanner over the bridge prep slowly.
7. Confirm your occlusal reduction on the "Review Scans" menu
8. Place your order.
- Additional photos are welcome but not required