Skip to main content
The following workflow is applicable for patients receiving a crown.
The outline below is a step-by-step appointment guide for a crown workflow. Please ensure you are also practicing our
crown and bridge scanning best practices. Crown Workflow Details
1. Choose the "Fixed Restorations" option when you go to set up your case.
Within "Fixed Restorations," select "Crown."
2. You will then be prompted to select the tooth/teeth that will receive a crown.
3. Select the desired material and shade from the subsequent menus.
4. Follow the scanning sequence:
Lower Arch > Upper Arch > Bite > Prep Scan > Review Scan > Submit Order
You have the option to skip a pre-prep scan of the tooth/teeth by selecting the "Skip pre-prep" button. This option is available on the menu preceding your scan of the given prep arch (i.e. if the crown is on the lower arch, this button must be selected prior to scanning the lower arch).
5. When prompted, mark the tooth that is being prepped.
6. Be sure that your scan of the crown prep captures a fully visible margin and both proximal contacts of the adjacent teeth.
TIP: When beginning your scan of the crown prep, turn on the scanner over the occlusal surface of an adjacent tooth first, and then move the scanner over to the crown prep slowly. 7. Confirm your occlusal reduction on the "Review Scans" menu.
8. Place your order.
Additional photos are welcome but not required
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Live Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 9pm ET Saturday: 9 am - 4 pm ET
Return to top
Crown & Bridge
Crown, Bridge, Inlays, Onlays, & Veneers
Implants, Abutments, Guides, Overdentures
Metal, Flexible, Acetal, Acrylic, Hybrid
Guards & Sleep
Night Guards ,Sleep Apnea, TMJ, Bleaching Trays
installation, branding, customization